Haosheng Huang starts a tenure track professorship in GIScience and Cartography since February 2020. He obtained a BSs/MSc degree (2006, with distinction) in Computer Science and a PhD degree (2013, with distinction) in Geoinformation/Cartography. Previously, he was a senior lecturer and research group leader at the Department of Geography at the University of Zurich, Switzerland (2016-2020); a researcher and lecturer (Univ.Ass.Dr.techn.) at Research Group Cartography, TU Wien, Austria (2013-2016).
Haosheng has a broad research interest in the modelling, analysis, and visualization of geographical data, as well as their interdisciplinary applications. His research expertise includes (see "Research Overview" for a visual overview):
- Spatial cognition and map cognition (e.g., with eye-tracking and EEG)
- Location based services and mobile HCI (e.g., augmented reality AR)
- Geo-aware brain-computer interfaces
- Geographical data science and GeoAI
- Urban informatics and mobility analytics
The application domains range from navigation systems (for pedestrians, cyclists, and car drivers), sustainable mobility, and smart cities to social equity and health sciences.
Haosheng serves as
- the founding Chair of the ICA Commission on Location Based Services (http://lbs.icaci.org/)
- associate editor of the Journal of Location Based Services (Taylor & Francis)
- editorial board member of Geo-Spatial Information Science (Taylor & Francis), ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information (MDPI), and Journal of Geovisualization and Spatial Analysis (Springer)